UV Warp Modifier¶
The UV Warp Modifier uses two objects to define a transformation which is applied to the chosen UV coordinates.
Its purpose is to give you direct control over the object’s UVs in the 3D View, allowing you to directly translate, rotate and scale existing UV coordinates using controller objects or bones.
- UV Center
- The center point of the UV map to use when applying scale or rotation. With (0, 0) at the bottom left and (1, 1) at the top right. Defaults to (0.5, 0.5).
- UV Axis
- The axes to use when mapping the 3D coordinates into 2D.
- From, To
- The two objects used to define the transformation. See Usage below.
- Vertex Group
- The vertex group can be used to scale the influence of the transformation per-vertex.
- UV Map
- Which UV map to modify. Defaults to the active rendering layer.
How the UVs are warped is determined by the difference between the transforms (location, rotation and scale) of the from and to objects.
If the to object has the same transforms as the from object, the UVs will not be changed.
Assuming the UV Axis of the modifier is X/Y and the scale of the objects are (1, 1, 1), if the to object is one unit away from the from object on the X-axis, the UVs will be transformed on the U-axis (horizontally) by one full UV space (the entire width of the image)